See ‘Anstey: A Complete History From the Norman Invasion to World War One‘ for much more on the Swanbourne Ansteys. In addition to biographies of various Anstey individuals who make up this sub-branch, the book contains a plethora of Anstey research and statistics, including an analysis of how the Swanbourne Ansteys fit into the pedigree descendent from Hubert de Anesti, the 12th century originator of the ‘Anstey’ surname.
SW 6. Edward Anstey: He was born in 1626 in Swanbourne, baptised 12 August 1626, to parents Benjamin Anstey (SW 3) and Alice Beckeley. He married Margaret Cawdell on 5 July 1655 in Swanbourne and had children all born in Swanbourne:
- Mary Anstie (bap 26 July 1656);
- Benjamin Anstee (SW 13 – bap 13 March 1657/8);
- Henshaw? Anstee (bap 13 March 1657/8, died young?)
- Edmond Anstey (bap 29 September 1658, died young?)
- Edward Anstee (SW 14 – bap 29 September 1660);
- William Anstie (bap 25 July 1663);
- Margaret Anstee (bap 8 September 1665);
- Alice Anstee (bap 27 August 1670, died in 1702 in Swanbourne unmarried?); and
- Elizabeth Anstee (bap 19 June 1675)
All these children were beneficiaries of their Aunt Maria’s 1666 will (see SW 5). Edward was deceased by 1723.
Anybody who can add anything to this account, or finds any mistakes on this page, please contact us at email@example.com.