by Gary. M. Anstey, chief researcher of the Anstey story project.
Note: Access to the biographies of all of the below-listed individuals can now be purchased – see the Anstey Shop for more details
- Overview of the Kilmore Victoria Anstees (Code ‘KL’)
- KL 1. George Anstee (b 1828 Thornborough)
- KL 2. George Anstee (b 1857 Kilmore)
- KL 3. William John Anstee (b 1860 Kilmore)
- KL 4. James Anstee (b 1866 Kilmore)
- KL 5. William Parsons Anstee (b 1887 Happy Valley – served and died during World War One
- Further Details on the Kilmore Victoria Anstees
Overview of the Kilmore, Victoria Anstees (Code ‘KL’)
The Kilmore, Victoria Anstees of Australia are a sub-branch of the Thornborough Anstees, headed by George Anstee (KL 1) who emigrated there in c1850.
Further Details on the Kilmore Anstees
#1. The family of William Richards Anstey who lived in Kilmore in the early 1900s is NOT part of the Kilmore Anstee sub-branch. They are part of the St Kilda, Victoria Anstey sub-branch.
#2. In 1888 “Kilmore: Line of 54 bullock son account of Mr W. Anstee, brought L4 19s 6d” and “LONGWOOD STOCK SALE. Wednesday, 31st October, 1 O’Clock Sharp. 400 CATTLE 400 HORSES, SHEEP, etc., Also— On account of Mr W. Anstee, who has disposed of his property, the whole of his cattle, horses, etc. Full particulars next week.”. – this could either be William John Anstee (KL 3) or William Anstey of the St Kilda, Victoria Anstey sub-branch
Also see ‘Anstey: A Complete History From the Norman Invasion to World War One‘.
Anybody who finds any mistakes on this page, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct them.