The Stratton Audley Anstees

by Gary. M. Ansteychief researcher of the Anstey story project.

Overview of the Stratton Audley Anstees

The Stratton Audley Anstees of Oxfordshire are a sub-branch of the Swanbourne Anstees, headed by George Anstee (ST 1), who moved from Swanbourne to Stratton Audley in c1855.

Also see ‘Anstey: A Complete History From the Norman Invasion to World War One‘.

Further Details on the Stratton Audley Anstees

#1. Certainly connected to this family is Alfred Anstee who lived in Ropsley between at least 1877 and 1880 – he bought a wheelwright and blacksmith business in Ropsley from Mrs Lewin, widow of Joseph Lewin in November 1877 and then it was taken over by S. Herringshaw and T. Manton in March 1880. In 1879 “Mr. Alfred Anstee, of Ropsley, was an exhibitor of agricultural carts and ploughs

Also see ‘Anstey: A Complete History From the Norman Invasion to World War One‘.

Anybody who finds any mistakes on this page, please contact us at research@theansteystory.com and we will correct them

%d bloggers like this: