by Gary. M. Anstey, chief researcher of the Anstey story project.
Note: Access to the biographies of all of the below-listed individuals can now be purchased – see the Anstey Shop for more details
- Overview of the Thornborough Anstees (Code ‘TH’)
- TH 1. Thomas Anstee (b 1695 Swanbourne)
- TH 2. William Anstee (b 1776 Swanbourne)
- TH 3. William Anstee (b 1802 Thornborough)
- TH 4. James Anstee (b 1836 Thornborough)
- TH 5. William Anstee (b 1862 Leckhampstead)
- TH 6. Charles George Anstee (b 1867 Stony Stratford)
- TH 7. Arthur James Anstee (b 1873 Stony Stratford)
- TH 8. John Anstee (b 1876 Stony Stratford, served during the Second Boer War and World War One)
- TH 9. William Arthur Anstee (b 1888 Lingfield, served during World War One)
- TH 10. Frederick G. Anstee (b 1892 Stony Stratford, served during World War One)
- TH 11. George Anstee (b 1897 Stony Stratford, served during World War One)
- Further Details on the Thornborough Anstees
Overview of the Thornborough Anstees (Code ‘TH’)
The Thornborough Anstees of Buckinghamshire are a sub-branch of the Swanbourne Anstees. In the early 1700s Thomas Anstee (TH 1) settled in Thornborough however his family quickly went Anstey-extinct. The modern Thornborough Anstees are headed by William Anstee (TH 2) who arrived there in c1799.
Numerous members of this sub-branch settled in Stony Stratford and Pottersbury, both lying just slightly north east of Thornborough.
Further Details on the Thornborough Anstees
#1. Elizabeth Anstee (see NP 11), wardrobe dealer at High Street, Thornborough in the 1911 Census is a Newport Pagnell Anstee.
Also see ‘Anstey: A Complete History From the Norman Invasion to World War One‘.
Anybody who finds any mistakes on this page, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct them.