by Gary. M. Anstey, chief researcher of the Anstey story project.
Note: Access to the biographies of all of the below-listed individuals can now be purchased – see the Anstey Shop for more details
- Overview of the Calverleigh Ansteys (Code ‘CV’)
- CV 1. William Anstey (b 1649 Washfield)
- CV 2. William Anstey (b c1685? Calverleigh)
- CV 3. William Anstey (b c1725 Calverleigh)
- CV 4. William Anstey (b 1746 Calverleigh)
- CV 5. John Anstey (b 1757 Tiverton)
- CV 6. John Anstey (b 1799 Tiverton)
- CV 7. William Anstey (b 1809 Cadeleigh)
- Further Details on the Calverleigh Ansteys
Overview of the Calverleigh Ansteys (Code ‘CV’)
The Calverleigh Ansteys are a sub-branch of the Washfield Ansteys headed by William Anstey (CV 1). This sub-branch is surely now Anstey-extinct.
Further Details on the Calverleigh Ansteys
#1. Abraham Anstey (WA xx) was clearly very close to this sub-branch. For example he married Elizabeth Gill “of Calverleigh” in 1739 in Tiverton (surely related to Mary Gill – see CV 3)
Also see ‘Anstey: A Complete History From the Norman Invasion to World War One‘.
Anybody who finds any mistakes on this page, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct them.